The best way is to take a train from Tampere to Vilppula. Get off at Vilppula station, and Rapukartano is only a five minute’s drive away.
- Take the country road Savonlinnantie at Vilppulankoski rapids. Under the road sign there is another sign “Rauhalammi”.
- Drive under the railway bridge.
- Savonlinnantie becomes Rauhalammintie, drive straight on.
- Drive on for about 5 km.
- Turn right to Koivuseläntie.
- After this, turn left three times, each time the road forks.
- Follow the brown “Rapukartano” signs on Koivuseläntie.
Below you see how it looks when you arrive at Rapukartano. Accommodation building Merta is on the left, the main building with meeting and dining rooms is on the right. Welcome!